Owned and operated by the same family since 1912, Mapes was the first company in the nation to manufacture piano wire and the first to patent the manufacturing process for piano wire.
Since then, our products have not only become the gold standard for piano wire and strings around the world but we’re also serving numerous other markets with equal credibility and excellence.
MAPES History Proves Dedication To Product Excellence
- Phosphate coated music spring wire: size range = .283″ -.006″ • .2mm – .152mm
- Missile WireTM (High Tinsile): size range = .145″ – .012″ • 3.68mm – .305mm
- Tin zinc coated music spring wire :size range = .060″ -.020″ • 4.06mm – .51mm
- Tin coated music spring wire: size range = .100″ -.008″ • 2.5mm – .20mm
- Hard drawn spring wire: size range = .312″ -.045″ • 7.92mm – 1.14mm
- Square Wire: size range = .190″ -.025″ • 4.82mm – .635mm
- Flat wire (natural edge): size range = .49″ x .312″ to .016″ x .187″ • 1.24mm x 7.29mm to .406mm x 4.75mm